[Doc-SIG] Translating sample programs in documentation

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Mon Apr 16 01:56:28 EDT 2018

Hi Xuan,

> > Our current sphinx-docs configuration (default about this matter) is not to provide those blocs in the po files. (It's the `gettext_additional_targets entry).`
>
> If I understand correctly, that makes it technically impossible to achieve what I described, unless we change the sphinx-docs configuration?

Yes, until we change the cpython sphinx-docs configuration in `Doc/conf.py`.

> Above said, I totally agree this practice means much more work when translating, not to mention the potential controversies even among Chinese developers. Still, I'd look forward to trying the idea out somewhere proper.

I think we can resume this thread when ~6 translations have reach ~99% translated (is there a currently living translation of the doc in chinese? Heard of https://github.com/python-doc-tw/python-doc-tw for zh-tw and heard of some work on transifex for zh-cn (1.4% translated as of fall 2017).

​--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr​