[Doc-SIG] Translating sample programs in documentation

Shengjing Zhu zsj950618 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 14:13:45 EDT 2018

Sorry I just joined this list, maybe I lost the mail thread index.

Since I have private email with Xuan about d.p.o Chinese translation, and
he mentions translating code blocks and this thread on doc-sig, I'd like to
reply publicly on list.

> My point of view is we should not translate them, as we dont want to see `
``for 词 in 词表:` pushed by anyone (I mean : we're writing code in english,
even if the doc is translated we *still* have to write the code in
english). Also, we have enough work translating the text, we don't need
more.

+1

I'd be strongly against translating variable names(identifier) to any
language other than English. We write code in English, we share code around
world. To write code in Chinese doesn't make any sense, only prevent other
people reading the code.

BTW, I joined the transifex Chinese team, and started to translate, let's
make it meet the pep545 requirement first.
And setup a temporary site to preview the result,
https://zhsj.github.io/python-docs-zh-cn/

--
Regards,
Shengjing Zhu