[Doc-SIG] readability of sample programs in tutorial

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Sun May 13 05:02:34 EDT 2018

Hi,

On 12 May 2018 10:11 PM, Xuan Wu <fromwheretowhere.service at gmail.com> wrote:
> The program's meaning becomes obvious only after all this history study.

Yes, but don't forgot that this is not a program (demonstrating usefull behavior), but a sample, demonstrating syntax.

> It was fun for sure, but IMO most readers won't go that far, as I didn't find any of such explanations online so far.

Which is fine, as the example is OK to understand syntax. Understanding what authors had in mind back then while redacting examples is a whole other level of reading.

PS: Good lunk understanding what the author of

>>> words
['defenestrate', 'cat', 'window', 'defenestrate']

had in mind (yet it does not hurt readability of the example, IMHO).
​--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr​