[Doc-SIG] Coordinating zh_TW (Taiwanese Mandarin) Translations

INADA Naoki songofacandy at gmail.com
Sat May 26 09:54:04 EDT 2018

Migrating Transifex project is not mandatory.  If you don't have any
problem about current project,
I recommend you to keep your project.

On the other hand, you need to migrate Github repository.
I don't know that "tw" is valid IETF language tag or not.  If so, the
repository name will be github.com/python/python-docs-tw

Regards,
On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 10:10 PM Adrian Liaw <adrianliaw2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,

> This is Adrian from Taiwan, I'm currently a core organising staff at
PyCon TW, and I would like to volunteer as the coordinator of zh_TW
(Taiwanese Mandarin) translations!

> The current translations (although it's not complete enough to add it to
the language switcher) are hosted on our own GitHub repository (
https://github.com/python-doc-tw/cpython-tw/tree/tw-3.6/Doc/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES)
and on our own Transifex project (
https://www.transifex.com/python-tw-doc/python-36-tw), and I would like to
migrate them into the PEP 545 workflow.

> However, I have a concern here, if I migrate the translations to the
official Transifex project for Python documentation translations, that way
it may completely lost the metadata of each string including history and
translator, which I think is probably a bad thing to happen. I'm wondering
if anyone knows whether there's some way to solve this problem or it's
currently an unsupported feature (migrating translation metadata along with
the translations) on Transifex?

> Thank you for taking time reading this, thank you for your contributions,
and I'm super excited about making more contributions to the Python
community!

INADA Naoki  <songofacandy at gmail.com>