[Doc-SIG] About translation

Julien Palard julien at palard.fr
Thu May 9 10:00:42 EDT 2019

Hi,

I was told by legal at python.org that all translations should be under CC0, IANAL, so please ask to legal at python.org if you're not going to follow their recomandations. I won't dicuss legal thing furthermore as I can't help.

> It may be better for me if you show an example.

If the work is not under CC0¹ it'll never land on docs.python.org, let's stop discussing it. We already have a lot of translations under CC0 on docs.python.org, I don't need more examples.

1) maybe ask legal at python dot org about translation under the PSF CLA, it should also work, but again, IANAL.

Bests,
--
Julien Palard
https://mdk.fr