[Doc-SIG] Russian translations for Python docs

Kristina Mironova abckristinaa at gmail.com
Tue May 14 10:51:16 EDT 2019

Julien,

thanks for the detailed answer.
I made my own repo, just for adding information about project to
possible newcomers and organized chat in Telegram. Now there are three
of us (e-mails to previous translators helped).

> If you want to start syncing between transifex and github you can check how other translations did (the french one do not really use transifex so we're not syncing automatically, I can't really help here). Maybe Tomo Cocoa (in copy of this email) could help / document their (travis ?) cron.

It is not necessary yet, we all now working on Transifex, maybe later.

> So I think the timeline can go like this:
> - Continue on transifex up to a big part of the tutorial being done
> - Ask me to setup python/python-docs-ru
> - Setup transifex sync on the repo
> - We start building the doc on docs.python.org
> - Reach the requirements from PEP 545 and when you feel ready we add Russian to the language picker.

Agree.

> A few years ago I found http://python-lab.ru/documentation/index.html, you may try to contact them to help in the translation project if not already done.

Unfortunately, there is no information about it's author to contact.

--
Best regards,
Kristina