[docs] [issue8387] use universal newline mode in csv module examples

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Sun Aug 8 03:00:11 CEST 2010

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

"The doc has been fixed" refers to the fact that the lineterminator dialect option is now documented as applying only to writing, not to reading.

The docs could certainly be improved to discuss using universal newline mode.  I'm not clear on whether or not there are disadvantages to using universal newline mode with the py2 version of the csv module, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are.  Perhaps Skip can comment on whether changing the examples to use rU would be a good idea or not.

Note that the situation for the py3k csv module is different, and it would be helpful if someone could test this issue there.  Though in truth we have no resources to support non-OSX macs any longer, so if it doesn't work it may be just tough luck.

nosy: +skip.montanaro