[docs] [issue9649] wrong default for sort_keys in json module documentation

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Fri Aug 20 21:56:18 CEST 2010

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

In 3.1, and I presume (please check) 2.7, the signature is given as
class json.JSONEncoder(skipkeys=False, ensure_ascii=True, check_circular=True, allow_nan=True, sort_keys=False, indent=None, separators=None, default=None)

I verified by simple experiment that keys are not sorted by default.
So the later claim "If sort_keys is True (the default)" is wrong and should be corrected. The patch or something much like it should be applied. Thanks for catching this error.

nosy: +terry.reedy
stage:  -> commit review
type:  -> behavior
versions: +Python 3.1, Python 3.2