[docs] Python tutorial Page: errors arise when following examples.

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Sun Aug 22 23:53:08 CEST 2010

Hello Sean

> I am new to Python and am working my way through the online tutorial:
Welcome!

> http://docs.python.org/tutorial/introduction.html
>
> I am using a fresh install of IDLE that came bundled when I installed
> Python 3.1.2 on a Win7(64) machine.
You can read “Release: 2.7” right under the main heading “The Python
Tutorial”, and also at the top of the page (“Python v2.7
documentation”). If you click on the latter to go back to the root of
the site, you can find a link to the 3.1 docs under “Docs for other
versions”.

If you want to learn more about the differences between 2.x and 3.x, you
can go to http://docs.python.org/py3k/whatsnew/3.0

> Also, the Fibonacci example doesn't work:
> the "..." doesn't appear as in the example
This is the behavior of the standard command-line interactive
interpreter, not IDLE. This should be clarified somewhere in the
tutorial, probably under tutorial/interpreter#interactive-mode

Regards