[docs] [issue9138] Tutorial: classes intro paragraph icky

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 00:56:03 CEST 2010

Much better definition. I stripped it down a little to avoid
"mechanism" repetition.

   Compared with other programming languages, Python provides
   object oriented approach with a minimum of new syntax and semantics.
   Its class mechanism is a mixture of concepts found in C++ and Modula-3.
   Python classes can be inherited from multiple base classes, a derived
   class can override any methods of its base class or classes, and a
   method can call the method of a base class with the
   same name.  Objects can contain arbitrary amounts and kinds of data.
   As is true for modules, classes partake of the dynamic nature of
   Python; users of a class can modify or break the class definition
   even without changing the source code.

However, the sentence about arbitrary amounts and kinds of data seems
strange to me. I would like to see it like "In comparison to XXX where
there is limitation that YYY Python objects can contain arbitrary
amounts and kinds of data."

"users of a class can modify or break the class definition even
without changing the source code." doesn't sound right to me. How can
I *break* the class definition? Maybe it was meant to

   The dynamic nature of Python allows new classes to be defined and
   existing classes modified at run-time.