[docs] [issue9195] Link in docs from "String Formatting Operations" to "Template Strings"

Craig McQueen report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jul 8 08:36:48 CEST 2010

New submission from Craig McQueen <python at craig.mcqueen.id.au>:

I stumbled across "Template Strings" of PEP 292 by accident recently. I'd never heard of it before.

I'm familiar with the "string interpolation" aka "String Formatting Operations", and I know to find that in the docs under "Standard Types", i.e.

It would be good for that documentation to mention "Template Strings", and include a cross-reference to the docs for it, since it was created as an alternative string formatting. I.e. cross-reference to

assignee: docs at python
components: Documentation
messages: 109515
nosy: cmcqueen1975, docs at python
priority: normal
severity: normal
status: open
title: Link in docs from "String Formatting Operations" to "Template Strings"
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.1, Python 3.2, Python 3.3