[docs] Chnages to tutorial section

Jolly Richard (DERBYSHIRE COUNTY PCT) richard.jolly at nhs.net
Thu Jul 8 12:23:58 CEST 2010

Hi

Just starting to learn python and I was going through your (very well put together) tutorial - however it appears some editing may be in order as a number of earlier "programming examples" - e.g section 3.2. "First Steps Towards Programming" - once it introduces 'print' statement - the syntax is wrong for the newer version of python (as I found out from some Google searches) - in that print is now a function and the brackets are required.

I know this may seem like nit-picking but sometimes when you are learning from scratch - little things like syntax errors - when you have typed exactly what is on the screen can be very frustrating.

Regards

Richard Jolly
Business Change Manager
Derbyshire Community Health Services

Tel: 01332 404122 Mob: 07917424987
Laurie House, Colyear Street, Derby DE1 1LJ
E-mail: richard.jolly at derbyshirecountypct.nhs.uk
NHS Mail: richard.jolly at nhs.net
Derbyshire Community Health Services is responsible for providing NHS Services in the Derbyshire area and is hosted by Derbyshire County Primary Care
Trust.

Advance Notice of Leave:

Save Paper - do you really need to print this email?

Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and GSI recipients
For more information and to find out how you can switch, visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail