[docs] [issue6678] inspect.currentframe documentation omits optional depth parameter

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jul 9 05:59:44 CEST 2010

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

The doc string seems correct, so I agree. A condensed and improved version of the docstring (with *depth* italicized as usual) might be

inspect.currentframe(depth=0)
  Return the frame object depth calls below the top of the stack. If there is none, raise ValueError.

I do not think the internal comment is correct when it is exposed like this. Everything in inspect is specialized.

The doc string could be similarly condensed.

assignee: georg.brandl -> docs at python
keywords: +patch
nosy: +docs at python, tjreedy
versions:  -Python 2.4, Python 2.5, Python 3.0