[docs] [issue9238] zipfile incorrectly documented as not supporting archive comments

Ryan Kelly report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jul 13 01:33:24 CEST 2010

New submission from Ryan Kelly <ryan at rfk.id.au>:

The zipfile module is prominently documented as "This module does not currently handle...ZIP files which have appended comments".  But as far as I can tell, it handles them fine - there's even a "comment" property on the ZipFile object that you can set to modify the comment.

I attach a simple doc patch that removes the apparently out-of-date information.

components: Documentation
files: zipfile_comment_doc.patch
keywords: patch
messages: 110147
nosy: docs at python, rfk
title: zipfile incorrectly documented as not supporting archive comments
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.2
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file17973/zipfile_comment_doc.patch