[docs] [issue9320] os.environ is global for threads

anatoly techtonik report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jul 21 20:35:36 CEST 2010

anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com> added the comment:

> in http://docs.python.org/library/thread.html
> """...multiple threads of control sharing their global data space..."""
>
> That's how threads are understood in all programming languages.

Do you mean this one?

"""This module provides low-level primitives for working with multiple threads (also called light-weight processes or tasks) — multiple threads of control sharing their global data space."""

It is surely confusing and doesn't explain anything to people who never worked with threads (like me). It should either be split in two sentences or simplified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computer_science) says that threads can share resources, but not necessarily do so.

status: closed -> pending