[docs] [issue9376] Refer to gnuwin32 diff util on development FAQ

Mark Lawrence report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jul 25 13:58:47 CEST 2010

New submission from Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>:

Section 6.1 How to make a patch? currently reads in part

(a Windows version is available as part of the cygwin tools).

I suggest that this is reworded to read

(Windows versions are available as part of the cygwin tools or as part of the gnuwin32 project)

I simply find it much easier to download and install these individual tools, e.g. I also have their version of grep which is vastly superior to Windows find

components: Documentation
keywords: easy
messages: 111536
nosy: BreamoreBoy, docs at python
title: Refer to gnuwin32 diff util on development FAQ
type: feature request