[docs] [issue9426] Explicitly state lack of support for keyword arguments in builtin functions

Łukasz Langa report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jul 30 10:34:17 CEST 2010

New submission from Łukasz Langa <lukasz at langa.pl>:

Currently it's somewhat surprising that while the documentation often states the default values for certain builtins, invoking the builtin with keyword arguments as described in the documentation does not work.

Original discussion: #7447

I'm going through all builtins to see how the keyword arg support looks and I'm going to present a patch for Doc/library/builtins.rst that explicitly states that builtins don't support this kind of invocation.

Expect a patch later today.

components: Documentation
messages: 112048
nosy: docs at python, lukasz.langa, tjreedy
title: Explicitly state lack of support for keyword arguments in builtin functions
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.2