[docs] [issue8638] Remove suggestion for name mangling from the tutorial

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Sat May 8 06:51:34 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Terry J. Reedy <report at bugs.python.org> wrote:
> This is such an advanced and rarely used feature that it hardly seems appropriate for the tutorial.

The problem with just leaving it out is that learners stumbling over
them in existing code (likely by trying to use something that looks
like it should be there and getting an AttributeError) won't have a
chance of knowing what the problem might be.

I'd be fine seeing new uses discouraged, especially for new learners,
but I think it's important that they be given a heads-up as well.

  -Fred