[docs] Suggested improvement to turtle module doc

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Fri May 7 11:20:40 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm planning on playing turtle with my daughter tomorrow and figured I should look into how to get going before I do so.

It took me far longer than it should have to figure out how to do the most basic thing: from an interactive prompt (or elsewhere!) get the turtle window up and have a controllable turtle. In the end I just guessed and created a Turtle and it worked - though I still struggle to see where this is mentioned in the docs.

I believe the docs would benefit greatly from a simple example right at the top like:

"""
The easiest method of getting started is to open an interactive prompt and type:

>>> from turtle import *
>>> turtle = Turtle()
>>> turtle.pendown()
>>> turtle.forward(100)