[docs] [issue8722] Documentation for __getattr__

Paul Davis report at bugs.python.org
Sat May 15 06:13:34 CEST 2010

Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis at gmail.com> added the comment:

I should mention, in example.py, it wasn't immediately clear that "print f.bing" would actually print instead of raising the AttributeError. As in, I had a property raising an unexpected error that happend to be an AttributeError. If its not an attribute error, the error is not swallowed. I can see the obvious argument for "AttributeError means not found", it just wasn't immediately obvious what was going on.