[docs] [issue10396] stdin argument to pdb.Pdb doesn't work unless you also set Pdb.use_rawinput = False

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Fri Nov 19 17:52:32 CET 2010

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

The argument against adding this to the pdb docs is that if you pull in that statement from cmd, you really ought to pull in the full description of the __init__ arguments. And whether you do that or just pull in that single statement, you are duplicating the documentation from cmd.  This *may* be best, but it does increase the maintenance burden, since any change to cmd will require changes to both the cmd and pdb docs, whereas now someone changing cmd doesn't need to know that they also have to update pdb.  If the situation being documented here improves in some way, I'll bet we will forget to update the pdb docs accordingly....

So, I'm -1 on adding this to the pdb docs, but will bow to the wisdom of the doc folks :)