[docs] [issue10583] Encoding issue with chm help in 2.7.1

flashk report at bugs.python.org
Mon Nov 29 20:48:28 CET 2010

New submission from flashk <flashk at gmail.com>:

I just updated to Python 2.7.1 and noticed a small issue with the chm help file.

The search results tab displays incorrect characters for various topic titles. It seems to be an encoding issue.

For example, searching for 'json' yields the following results:

 - 18.2 json — JSON encoder and decoder
 - What’s New in Python 2.6

I noticed this issue on Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.

This issue does not exist with the 2.7 chm file.

assignee: docs at python
components: Documentation, Windows
messages: 122857
nosy: docs at python, flashk
priority: normal
severity: normal
status: open
title: Encoding issue with chm help in 2.7.1
type: behavior
versions: Python 2.7

Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>

More information about the docs mailing list