[docs] [issue10029] "Equivalent to" code for zip is wrong in Python 3

Max report at bugs.python.org
Thu Oct 7 19:10:51 CEST 2010

Max <maxmoroz at gmail.com> added the comment:

Personally, I find it impossible in some cases to understand exactly what a function does just from reading a textual description. In those cases, I always refer to the equivalent code if it's given. In fact that's the reason I was looking going the zip equivalent function!

I would feel it's a loss if equivalent code disappear from the docs.

I understand sometimes the code requires maintenance, but I'd rather live with some temporary bugs than lose the equivalent code.

As to subtleties of how it works, that's not really a concern, if that's the only way to understand the precise meaning of whatever it explains.