[docs] [issue9921] os.path.join('x','') behavior

Rafe H. Kettler report at bugs.python.org
Mon Oct 11 17:49:05 CEST 2010

Rafe H. Kettler <rafe.kettler at gmail.com> added the comment:

I think Brian's second solution ("the result is simply path2 when path1 is empty or path2 is an absolute path?") is a strong one. If that were tacked on towards the end it would add some clarity to the docs for people who will end up using this behavior or want a more in-depth explanation. At the same time, I think putting it towards the end (as more of a side note, like the bit about behavior on Windows with drive names) lets less sophisticated users (like me) ignore that piece of documentation.

nosy: +Rafe.H..Kettler