[docs] [issue9730] base64 docs refers to strings instead of bytes

Daniel Stutzbach report at bugs.python.org
Wed Sep 1 13:56:49 CEST 2010

Daniel Stutzbach <daniel at stutzbachenterprises.com> added the comment:

The example can be fixed by placing a "b" before the two string literals.

However, pretty much the whole document refers to "strings" and should refer to "byte sequences" or the "bytes" type.

I thought there were automated tests that exercised the documentation examples.  Am I wrong about that?

nosy: +stutzbach
resolution:  -> accepted
stage:  -> needs patch
title: base64 encoding takes in bytes rather than string. -> base64 docs refers to strings instead of bytes
versions: +Python 3.2