[docs] [issue9608] Re-phrase best way of using exceptions in doanddont.rst

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Wed Sep 8 02:49:56 CEST 2010

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

Your rewrite makes the text much clearer in my opinion. Here are some nits for you to grind, cheers :)

1) I’d say “using a bare ``except:``” and maybe add an index entry for “bare except” referring to that section, to make indexing and maybe googling find this.

2) To make the bad examples clearer, I would remove the second inline comment (“will be changed as soon as we run it”). The wording is confusing: Does that mean the code will be changed by Python at runtime? The text after this code example is clear enough, this comment doesn’t help.

3) “except catches all errors, including GeneratorExit which is not even an error”: Isn’t this confusing for beginners?

nosy: +eric.araujo