[docs] Add % "string formatting" description to precedence table

Bob Holmberg bholmberg at broadcom.com
Fri Sep 17 19:24:33 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am unsure of the precedence of the '%' operator when used as the string formatting operator.  I rely on the precedence chart/table in section 5.15 on page http://docs.python.org/reference/expressions.html .

I must assume that the precedence of '%', described as "remainder" in the Description column also holds for that operator's use for string formatting.  It would be a great help if "string formatting" were added to the description column to make this use of the '%' operator clear and explicit.

Thanks,
Bob Holmberg