[docs] Python Documentation Ebook

Lee Savide laughingman182 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:36:26 CEST 2011

Hi. I sent an email before about the issues concerning that the epub
file wasn't loading properly into my ereader. I think I can tell what
the problems are, and I think these suggestions would be a better
option for otherereader devices, too, not just my own device:
1. Remove the search page. Most epubs can be searched natively by the
device viewing them.
2. Remove all the Javascript, both inline & external scripts. Not all
ereaders are capable of Javascript, and even the ones that are might
also screw it up.
3. Don't limit the documentation to one epub file. Epubs are the XML/
XHTML equivalent to PDF files. Looking at it that way, each file in
the PDF version of the Python documentation should be the same name
and purpose as each epub file.
4. Include the means to let devices scale content appropriately.
What's the use if people have to squint to read it?
5. Remove the "_sources" folder, and links to the documents in
"_sources". Why do ereaders need the reStructured Text sources if
ereaders?

I hope this helps, and if not, then at least I tried to help. :) Thanks!
- Lee Savide