[docs] [issue11840] Improvements to c-api/unicode documentation

Sandro Tosi report at bugs.python.org
Wed Apr 13 23:43:39 CEST 2011

Sandro Tosi <sandro.tosi at gmail.com> added the comment:

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 23:56, Marc-Andre Lemburg
<report at bugs.python.org> wrote:
> Marc-Andre Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> added the comment:
> I think you misunderstood: when reorganizing the contents of
> a file, it's better to apply the patch to all branches, rather
> than just the current, since otherwise future patches that do
> have to be merged to all branches would cause lots of merge
> conflicts.

the problem is: the file Doc/c-api/unicode.rst is already different
between all the "open" branches. I'll provide patches for each of
them, or specify where the patch can be merged (and from where).

> Ezio Melotti <ezio.melotti at gmail.com> added the comment:
>
> Rewrapping the paragraphs you are changing is fine, the others can be left as they are.

Once I was told not to, since in this case it will hide the changes I
made in between the rewrap.

> Patches should be against the oldest branch where they can be applied, and since this is a doc patch it can go in 2.7 and 3.1 too.

I'm just about to prepare patches for all the supported branches
(where a merge is not possible).