[docs] [issue10665] Expand unicodedata module documentation

Alexander Belopolsky report at bugs.python.org
Fri Apr 15 19:38:40 CEST 2011

Alexander Belopolsky <belopolsky at users.sourceforge.net> added the comment:

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Marc-Andre Lemburg
<report at bugs.python.org> wrote:
>..
> Why not wrap the calls with a repr() ?

Won't help:

"'Ӝ'"

I think you meant ascii(), but that's ugly IMO:

"'\\u04dc'"

Maybe

'\u04dc'

but that's too much of scaffolding.

..
> I think it's more useful to show examples that more or less always
> work, than ones which display all available goodies.

I disagree.  Users that are advanced enough to be interested in
reading unicodedata reference documentation should be capable of
either fixing their environment or understanding its limitations.