[docs] [issue12745] Python2 or Python3 page

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Fri Aug 19 22:24:47 CEST 2011

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

I agree with your sentiments about Python 2 while being aware that not all agree yet and that the current Wiki page was the result of some heated discussion and compromise. I also agree that the page could use tweaking/updating/rewriting. For one thing the supposed 2010 date in inconsistent with 3.2 being released.

"Python 3 is the future of the language." kind of implies that it is not the current version of the language. I would change that to "Python 3 is the present and future of the language"

I might start with discussion of 3 rather that 2.

I am closing this simply because it is not about changing the CPython repository, which is what the tracker tracks. There is no way to attach and review a wiki diff here.

nosy: +terry.reedy
resolution:  -> invalid
status: open -> closed