[docs] [issue13597] Improve documentation of stdout/stderr buffering in Python 3.x

Geoffrey Bache report at bugs.python.org
Wed Dec 14 19:38:01 CET 2011

Geoffrey Bache <gjb1002 at users.sourceforge.net> added the comment:

I would certainly be in favour of restoring the python 2.x behaviour, at least where standard error is concerned. When writing Python programs, it's important to see exceptions immediately, and not lose them entirely in some circumstances.

I reported this as a documentation bug because I got the impression it was deliberate, mostly from reading http://bugs.python.org/issue4705 and the comp.lang.python thread in the description, but I personally think the Python 2.x behaviour was preferable.

components:  -IO
nosy:  -benjamin.peterson, pitrou, pjenvey, stutzbach
versions: +Python 3.1, Python 3.4