[docs] [issue12760] Add create mode to open()

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Sat Dec 31 01:37:45 CET 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

> [...] There is slightly more versatility with the opener method, but no more obviousness
> and no less typing.

I agree with your opinion.  I re-read this report:
- Antoine thinks this fills an important use case, namely avoiding race conditions
- Amaury then suggested the opener argument idea, which was implemented in the openat bug
- Antoine judged it would be better than what we had before

I don’t have a strong opinion on “opener is generic and good enough” vs. “not as ice as it could be”.  Antoine seems to agree with you, so your patch will get reviewed and eventually accepted.  Cheers