[docs] [issue13663] pootle.python.org is outdated.

INADA Naoki report at bugs.python.org
Sat Dec 31 17:33:02 CET 2011

INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> added the comment:

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Martin v. Löwis
<report at bugs.python.org> wrote:

> Martin v. Löwis <martin at v.loewis.de> added the comment:
>
> naoki: what is your actual complaint about the installation being outdated? Are you referring to the message catalog (documentation version), or the software?

I need Python 3.2's message catalog. But updating pootle version is
also nice to me.

> As for the message catalog, I don't think it should be updated too often (only once per Python release), otherwise, translators will have to fight a moving target (which they will have to, anyway, given that the documentation evolves).

I agree with you about already released series (~3.2).
I think updating message catalog for beta versions may help releasing new
Python's translated document fast.

The way to manage multiple series is also needed when Python 3.3 is released.