[docs] [issue11015] Bring test.support docs up to date

Eli Bendersky report at bugs.python.org
Fri Feb 25 10:30:01 CET 2011

Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> added the comment:

Georg,

Good catch on the tuples in assertAlmostEqual, thanks! I see three methods of resolution:

1. Since the floats in this case are powers of 1/2, they could be tested for exact equality, or do you figure there are platforms where this is not guaranteed?
2. I can make a local change in the test to assertAlmostEqual on each member of the tuple
3. assertAlmostEqual on tuples can be added to the unittest module

Any ideas?

I can also commit (2) for the time being since it's the least dubious, and leave the resolution on 1 & 3 for later (and/or in separate issues).

Regarding fcmp being not exactly assertAlmostEqual - it was discussed.