[docs] [issue7229] Manual entry for time.daylight can be misleading

Tomas Kubes report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jan 11 17:20:21 CET 2011

Tomas Kubes <mr_napik at centrum.cz> added the comment:

>>why do you think someone  reading about
time.daylight actually wants to "check if DST is currently active"?

If you are not familiar with the cryptic names of POSIX but live in normal world, time.daylight sounds like a quite probable place where to check if the daylight savings are active. That's why I think the help text should explicitely note it has other meaning.

You should try to think like a person that does not have any background knowledge of underlying libraries but just looks through the time library trying to solve the question - how can I check if my machine uses daylight savings now.

Regards
Tomas