[docs] [issue10934] imaplib: Internaldate2tuple() is documented to return UTC, but it returns local time

Alexander Belopolsky report at bugs.python.org
Wed Jan 19 20:30:21 CET 2011

Alexander Belopolsky <belopolsky at users.sourceforge.net> added the comment:

It makes sense that Internaldate2tuple() returns local time because timetuple (with its tm_isdst flag) strongly suggests local time.  (See also issue 9004.)

If UTC or any other timezone time is needed, it would be best to provide a function that would return an aware datetime object.

I made some changes to Joe's patch in attached diff.  I would appreciate another pair of eyes to look at it before I commit.

nosy: +belopolsky
resolution:  -> accepted
stage:  -> commit review
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file20457/issue10934.diff