[docs] [issue10936] Simple CSS fix for left margin at docs.python.org

Ezio Melotti report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jan 21 06:11:23 CET 2011

Ezio Melotti <ezio.melotti at gmail.com> added the comment:

I did some tests using 20% instead of 230px and found the following problems:
1) while zooming, even if the width of the sidebar doesn't change, the font size does, overflowing from the sidebar;
2) min-width can't be used because the width of the sidebar is given by the margin-left of the bodywrapper, and there's no min-margin-left property that can be used instead;

The font size can probably be changed to fit the width of the sidebar, but the min-width problem remains (I'm thinking about small screens -- e.g. smartphones -- where the sidebar would end up having a width of ~130-160px (I haven't (yet) tested it there though)).