[docs] [issue10960] os.stat() does not mention that it follow symlinks by default

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jan 24 20:38:32 CET 2011

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

Committed a modified version of the patch in r88164.  I extended your breakout of the attributes to the other paragraphs, and reorganized the order of the paragraphs in the stat docs to put things into a more logical order (I hope).  I decided to change the existing wording about the stat system call to reflect the fact that we aren't making a stat system call on Windows, and did something similar in the lstat entry.

This will get backported to the 2.7 docs (and 3.1) presently, but not right away.

stage: needs patch -> committed/rejected
status: open -> closed