[docs] [issue11001] Various obvious errors in cookies documentation

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jan 25 02:35:25 CET 2011

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

The text in the docstrings appears to be accurate, and it seems to me they clarify it even more than your suggested changes do.  Also, I think SimpleCookie's encode/decode roughly implements some RFC or another (though there are some tweaks), and it might be worth mentioning that.

Even with these changes, though, I don't think it is possible to really understand what cookie is doing without reading the source, and even then it is non-obvious :(

nosy: +r.david.murray