[docs] [issue12478] Possible error in HTTPErrorProcessor documentation

Sandro Tosi report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jul 3 14:14:28 CEST 2011

New submission from Sandro Tosi <sandro.tosi at gmail.com>:

Hello, I think HTTPErrorProcessor documentation at [1] contains a cut&paste error (from UnknownHandler) for the only method available

[1] http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/urllib.request.html#httperrorprocessor-objects

because:

./python -c "import urllib.request as ur; print ('unknown_open' in dir(ur.HTTPErrorProcessor))"
False

If you can confirm that http_response() should be used instead, I'll provide a patch to fix it.

components: Documentation
messages: 139685
nosy: docs at python, sandro.tosi
stage: needs patch
status: open
title: Possible error in HTTPErrorProcessor documentation
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.2, Python 3.3