[docs] [issue12531] documentation index entries for * and **

Eli Bendersky report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jul 16 11:30:21 CEST 2011

Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> added the comment:

Peter, doesn't your patch also refer to the meaning of * and ** in function definitions?

I would argue that the missing reference is to a paragraph further down:

   [...] If the syntax *expression appears in the function call, expression must evaluate to a sequence. Elements from this sequence [...]

Terry, the glossary you compiled certainly looks comprehensive. However, I wouldn't delay local fixes like the one discussed here until "the grand scheme" is committed.