[docs] [issue1626300] 'Installing Python Modules' does not work for Windows

Éric Araujo report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jul 18 17:39:22 CEST 2011

Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> added the comment:

The original bug is that the distutils docs use commands like “python setup.py spam” all over the place, and they don’t typically work
> because the python executable is not in the path in the default
> install.  'setup.py install' will work since .py files are associated
> with python.exe
(quoted from the first message).  I added a note to instruct Windows users to mentally replace those commands with “setup.py spam”.

Now my concern is about packaging: In a typical Windows install, can people run “pysetup3 spam”?