[docs] [issue12642] Python2 documentation of the open() built-in function

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jul 26 23:58:49 CEST 2011

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

The docs are correct in Python3.

The docs for Python2 are not *wrong*, since they indicate only positional parameters and if you use positional parameters it works as documented. (I'm surprised that using keyword arguments works, but I haven't looked at the code.)  Fixing the names in the 2.7 docs would still be helpful (2.6 docs don't get updated any more).

nosy: +r.david.murray
priority: normal -> low
stage:  -> needs patch
title: 2.6.6 documentation of the  open()  built-in function -> Python2 documentation of the  open()  built-in function
type:  -> behavior
versions: +Python 2.7 -Python 2.6