[docs] [issue12243] getpass.getuser works on OSX

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jun 2 20:53:24 CEST 2011

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

I think you are correct that the Availability can be removed, since the actual limits of the support are exactly as complicated as the code that supports them, and should give *some* result on most (all?) platforms.  However, OS/X is certainly covered by the current one, since OS/X is a unix flavor.  At this point in time it might be worth doing a sweep through the docs to remove all occurrences of 'Macintosh', since we don't support OS/9 any more.  There look to be less than a dozen such references in the Python3 docs.

I'm adding Gregory to nosy to see if he thinks it is appropriate to remove the 'availability' entirely, since he implemented the fallback.

nosy: +gregory.p.smith, r.david.murray
versions:  -Python 2.6, Python 3.1, Python 3.4