[docs] [issue12374] Execution model should explain compile vs definition vs execution time

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jun 25 07:11:47 CEST 2011

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

My understanding is that the language reference is a purposefully minimalist document that specifies the language (insofar as anything other than the CPython implementation does so).  So while better explanations of the implications of the language design are a good thing, they don't necessarily belong in the language reference.  (I'm not saying they don't, I'm just repeating what the intro says: "this is not a tutorial".)  In particular I am suspicious that statements that begin "in languages such as ..." don't belong in the language reference as it is currently written.