[docs] [issue12409] Moving "Documenting Python" to Devguide

Fred L. Drake, Jr. report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jun 25 19:16:20 CEST 2011

Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at acm.org> added the comment:

-1

> Hi! We have the devguide now, and it should be the place where to look
> for references and docs about contributing to Python, that means also
> for the documentation.

For information specific to the Python documentation itself, but not
relevant to users documenting their own projects, yes.

> In the official Python doc we have a section "Documenting Python"
> (http://docs.python.org/py3k/documenting/index.html) and I think it
> should be merged into the devguide - what's your opinion on that?

The scope of this document is much larger than Python's documentation,
but extends to all projects written in Python that use Sphinx as their
documentation tool.  With that, it makes sense to keep it as part of
the documentation for users of Python.

nosy: +fdrake