[docs] [issue11475] trunc in documentation of numbers.Real should math.trunc

MATSUI Tetsushi report at bugs.python.org
Sat Mar 12 17:52:32 CET 2011

New submission from MATSUI Tetsushi <mft at users.sourceforge.net>:

In the documentation of numbers.Real:
"In short, those are: a conversion to float, trunc(), round(), math.floor(), math.ceil(), divmod(), //, %, <, <=, >, and >=."
where only "trunc" is not linked if we look at it in html pages.
This is because the function trunc is not in built-in namespace, but in math module. So we should call it math.trunc similarly to math.floor, etc.

components: Documentation
messages: 130690
nosy: docs at python, mft
title: trunc in documentation of numbers.Real should math.trunc
versions: Python 2.6, Python 2.7, Python 3.1, Python 3.2