[docs] [issue11230] "Full unicode import system" not in 3.2

STINNER Victor report at bugs.python.org
Mon Mar 21 02:22:22 CET 2011

STINNER Victor <victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> added the comment:

>> Victor asked "Which web page should updated/fixed?"
> Answer: The Python 3.2 download page.

Sorry, but I don't see which page tells that Python 3.2 has a full Unicode support for import. In http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2/, I can read "countless fixes regarding bytes/string issues; among them full support for a bytes environment (filenames, environment variables)".

"full support for a bytes environment" means that Python 3.2 has been fixed on UNIX to support undecodable filenames, but not that Python 3.2 supports unencodable filenames on Windows.

Can you propose a sentence which is more clear about bytes/Unicode?

Python 3.3 will have a full Unicode support for modules: issue #3080 is already fixed, and I think that #11619 can be fixed (maybe not easily).