[docs] [issue11622] Documentation

Roberto De Renzi report at bugs.python.org
Mon Mar 21 15:26:33 CET 2011

New submission from Roberto De Renzi <roberto.derenzi at unipr.it>:

I don't know if a suggestion is allowed here. I am an absolute beginner trying to substitute my matlab+fortran with python. I just passed the stage of tutorials and I have to struggle looking for the right syntax to implement my simple-minded programs. The learning curve is much steeper than for matlab, certainly due to the greater power of the language. The thing I need is a good reference manual.

I find the Language Reference extremely poor in examples. The Library Reference is marginally better. Would you please consider sponsoring (as a developer-user community) a style that forces to include very short examples?  Thanks Roberto

components: Documentation
messages: 131658
nosy: docs at python, roberto.derenzi
title: Documentation